Robyn Hood [EMAIL PROTECTED] kirjoitti:
> It seems like it has never been a tradition to post in Iceland - MAYBE they
> a) never learned b)found it difficult with such long stirrups c) many
> Icelandics have a rather smooth short trot -some foxtrot - that is so smooth
> it is easier to sit than post.

And then there are horses that are disturbed by posting and move to another
gait. So to keep them in trot you just lean forward, keep most of your weight
on stirrups and don't breathe... Posting would be a disaster. Perhaps gradually
it's possible to actually sit on the saddle and after a few years even posting
might be possible.

I've always posted if the horse has strong enough trot for that (when I'm trail
riding, on an arena it's easier to work with sitting down). Only once I've
gotten a comment from a young girl that knew "everything" about Icelandics (she
probably had all 6 months experience with them ;D) that "you should never post
when riding an icelandic". I didn't ask why she thought that, the answer would
probably have been something like "it will ruin their tölt" because that seems
to be the reason for most things that are not "allowed". Anyway in my 16 years
of riding Icelandics that's the only time anyone has told me not to post.

Krisse