--- On Wed, 7/9/08, Kaaren Jordan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tell me about it...our went up from $19.99 a compressed
> bale for timothy to
> $24.99 a bale and rising in one year.

Ours are up a lot.  Now our compressed timothy or orchard grass bales are $40.
Last year they were about $30 if I can remember.

Many of us here use 50lb bags of alfaflfa cubes.  8 years ago a bag of cubes
was $7.  Now they are $15 a bag and every week they seem to be higher.  I have
to change my breeding contaracts, as I have to charge more for mare feed and
care.

I can still full feed an Icelandic for around $150 a month.  Glad I do not own
a TB!

Skye