On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 20:15:37 -0400, you wrote:

>I'd say for a horse just taken from the wild nine weeks ago

He looks really nice. The area he came from has a lot of people,
right? I wonder if it works with him like it does with our youngsters.
An Icelandic friend sends his young horses up to us to grow up, and
they are always completely unhandled apart from the very, very basics.
They don't lead, some are virtually untouchable loose in the field.
However, after a summer out on the moor (which has lots of people
walking dogs etc) they all seem to be much more friendly. In fact when
we first started doing this I would spend several weeks working with
them before putting them out, but now I put them out, then do the work
at the end of the summer when they come home, and it's much easier.

I think they see people around them and realise they are not next in
line for the main course at dinner...
; )

Mic

Mic (Michelle) Rushen

Solva Icelandic Horses and DeMeulenkamp Sweet Itch Rugs:
www.solva-icelandics.co.uk