Hi Judi,
     I'm a bit confused.   You said your stallions likes the snaffle you are
using now,  but he doesn't like the dropped noseband.   Okay, forgive my
simplicity, but why not just discard the dropped noseband if that is what
the problem is?   I use snaffle bits and I don't use a noseband at all.   I
like to use full-cheek snaffle bits and so DO use the bit keepers with
those, but on plain "O" ring snaffles, I'll add a chin strap if I'm worried
about the bit sliding around too much.   Is that your concern in wanting a
noseband -- bit stability?
-- Renee M. in Michigan