I have never seen a beetroot!  Here our beets are all bright red and
pickled.  How do you cook a beetroot!  Is it like a turnip or a
rutabega??  and are your peas what we call "english  peas" that you
can only get here canned?  Little green round balls??  I wonder why
they don't grow here.  and are your beans like green beans in a can or
do you shell them.  here we have "pole beans" and "runner beans" that
we eat green in their shells, the pods and all, cooked with bacon of
course, cant cook any vegetable in the south without hog fat in it,
and then like the field peas or zipper peas or butter beans etc, those
are shelled.  Here ripe now is watermelon and cantalope, okra, peaches
(best are from Chilton Co. Alabama NOT Georgia)tomatoes and yellow
summer squash is just going out.
Janice--
even good horses have bad days sometimes.