> That is awesome Sue!  How did you teach it??  Did you clicker it?
> Janice
> --
It all started when I first got her. She was stabled and I would wait
until she backed up to go in with food etc. Then I notice she backed up
to 'invite' me in. I didn't think much about it. In fact I thought she
didn't like me much. Soon I realised it was an invite an added the look
into her eyes and then to her feet.By that time I had learned about
clicker training so I could reinforce and put in reps. Next I added the
wiggy finger cue. you have to have two behaviours to put on cue and the
behaviours have to be solid. I have a 'come to me' cue which is like
rolling up a line whilst backing with soft body language. It was really
easy to do the parelli yo-yo game because she already did it at
liberty. She lifts her feet on cue too. There is a video on youtube
where she lifts her feet in the paddock for me. I shaped that by
waiting for a slight movement of the foot and gradually delaying the
click for height. Its then cued verbally (lift) and with a feel down
the leg. It's like I say 'lift' and she says 'how high?'. Mind you we
don't have that one under complete stimulus control. sometimes she
lifts when I'm putting on her brushing boots or grooming her.
I expect stephanie could do these. All she has to do is shape it by
waiting for the behaviour to occur naturally C/R. It's alot of fun.
Sue coombes