Hi all. I'm new to the group and hopefully someday soon  will be the
owner on an Icelandic. I'm an experienced horse owner (over 30 yrs)
although I am always learning. I'd like to get a younger horse that I
can train since I've done quite well with my other horses although I
am new to the world off gaited horses.

I have a few questions since I've gotten conflicting information from
different breeders:
1. Are all Icelandics gaited and if not can they be trained to be by
slowly developing muscles?
2. Do they need to be shod to tolt? I've always had my horses barefoot.
3. Since I am looking at younger horses and they will not be trained
to saddle, what do I need to look for (the potential of a good tolt)
and what questions should I be asking?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

Lori