--- On Sun, 7/20/08, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Tolt is simply the Icelandic word for
"rack", so if that's the only gait you're interested in, then many/most
Icelandic's don't do it naturally - not of the flashy, show ring style, that
is. Most Icelandic's do other soft-gaits and for most of us, those other
gaits are wonderful. Those gaits include foxtrot, running walk,
saddle-rack (the less flashy version of a rack) and stepping pace.

Hi Karen,
I know this has probably been discussed several times on this board, but what
exactly is "stepping pace"?  I know what the flying pace is.  Sometimes my
horse feels like he is going from a tolt into pace, but I cannot tell for sure.
 After I get him trimmed again and he is balanced I will try to take a video
and put it up for everyone to see what they think, that is if  I can figure out
how to upload a video.

Thanks,

Judi Qualls
"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and
the American G. I. One died for your soul; the other for your freedom."