On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 9:30 AM Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it> wrote:

> On Tue 12/May/2020 17:48:38 +0200 Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> > On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 1:20 AM Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> If you trust the domain, you can as well trust their tagging.
> >>

> > If you trust the domain, you don't need their tagging.
>
> Why not?  I may trust gmail, say.  Yet, in order to learn what restrictions
> they apply to the From: I have to create an account and try.  There is no
> standard location where they declare their policy in a machine-readable
> manner,
> and policies written in legalese are even less readable...

What would you do with that information if you had it?

Maybe you're using a different definition of "trust" than I am.  To me, "I
trust gmail.com" means "I believe mail signed by gmail.com is legitimate",
irrespective of how they might handle their mail.

Put another way: I believe I would only reach the opinion that I "trust"
mail from a domain when I already know the thing(s) your tag(s) would tell
me.

-MSK