On 15/11/22 23:10, Alessandro Vesely wrote:

On Mon 14/Nov/2022 18:54:33 +0100 Wei Chuang wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 8:03 AM Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it> wrote:
> >> BTW, we all know that mailing lists send one message at a time, doing >> VERP for each subscriber. They can more easily include the recipient in >> the ARC signature. However, any spammer can do the same. > > WRT to the ARC like proposed approaches, agreed that the spammer can sign > for each recipient as well. However then the spammer has identified > themselves in the path, and some future path aware reputation systems will > be able to distinguish the spammer from benign forwarding flows.

If you can filter basing on a reliable reputation system, current ARC seals are
enough already, aren't they?

Not quite, because they're not usually applied when a message is forwarded intact. One outcome of the proposed WG might be to specifically encourage all MLMs to ARC-sign, even if they don't break the author's DKIM signature, in this case to facilitate path reasoning in addition to coping with DKIM-breakage.

(I forget the IETF language for this, but there's a distinction between documents which specify protocols and documents which provide guidance on their use.)

- Roland