I will say that the use case that is broken by removing the signature
is the "re-send" case, where the MUA or some other post-delivery agent
(perhaps a sieve script) re-introduces the message with a different
RCPT TO but the same MAIL FROM and "From:".  I don't know how often
this happens nowadays, but I do know that I use it often in filters of
my own, where mail sent to one of my addresses gets re-sent to another
of my addresses -- sometimes in the same domain and sometimes in a
different domain.

It works perfectly now, because the signature header is still there
and everything still verifies, so the new delivery thinks everything
is fine.  But if the first MDA removes the signature, the re-send will
be unsigned and will get a DMARC failure.

We have to decide whether it's worth breaking that use case in order
to address the replay situation.  My opinion is that it's not --
because, as I say, I rely on that use case extensively.  My system
would have to change *significantly* in order to work around that.

Barry