I agree with the below. There is already a means to determine what header change broke the signature (assuming a signer is interested in providing the necessary data) and assuming a verifier even cares.

--
Arvel

Paul Hoffman wrote:
What is being proposed above is that an additional signature be generated and validated for every "important" header. That is a huge waste of energy, and it will cause massive unnecessary resource usage, particularly for recipients who don't care why a signature might not have validated.

If the concern is "accidental" breakage, Michael's point is exactly right: