On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 03:48:36AM -0000, John Levine wrote:
> >It would be very useful. Think
> >
> >d=bigmarketingcompany.com
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >d=bigmarketingcompany.com
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Useful to whom?  I have little interest as a mail receiver sorting out
> an ESP's different campaigns, and I suspect I'm not alone.  (This was
> the same fallacy that was behind the failed Project Lumos.)
>
> You're welcome to put whatever tracking stuff you want into your mail,
> but I'm going to maintain one reputation for you regardless of the
> stuff.

That is an interesting view. I can accomplish the same by using
sub-domains in d= instead. Are you simpy going to strip
sub-domains from d= too?

It is interesting that receivers (Hotmail/AOL/Yahoo) suggest to senders
to separate their different type of mail streams
(transactional,marketing,etc) by using IPs. The same can be
accomplished with DKIM and i=.

I also hadn't realized that DKIM was strictly meant to benefit
receivers.

--
:: Jeff Macdonald | Director of Messaging Technologies
:: e-Dialog | [EMAIL PROTECTED]