[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Like others I am guessing that you are referring to section 4.2.2 step 2.

Yup.

>    Since the domain doesn't exist the administrator can't have
> been expected to create a policy for it so error seems like the right answer
> to me.

That presumes the goal of protecting an entire sub-tree.

Absent that goal, the goal is to cover domains that have ADSP records.  Very
different scope of effort.

> Otherwise to create policies for all of my domains I would have to create
> policies not just for all existing sub-domains of that domain (which I
> personally would support) but all conceivable sub-domains of a domain (which
> I don't think I would).

Again, creating records for every conceivable name -- and no, I can't imagine
any reasonable administrator attempting that -- is only an issue if there is a
belief that ADSP can 'protect' all names in a sub-tree.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking