Eliot Lear wrote:
> 1.  UA has an existing connotation that people will grab onto.  This in
> itself is mnemonically confusing.

It's not confusing if the meaning is related.  The term "user or agent" is the
actual semantics of this value.  I read that as equivalent to "user agent".

The basic UA/MTA model is based on the concept of delegation.  Since DKIM was
created to delegate the task of claiming responsibility (from the author to the
entity doing the signing), I see it as a) consistent with the underlying
constructs of Internet mail and b) warranting terminology for the "user or
agent" component being similar.

> 2.  If you're going to add acronyms, let them be ones that either can be
> easily pronounced without having to spell them out.

Like "TCP" and "SNMP" and "BGP"?

I prefer nicely pronounceable acronyms, too, but the absence of that pleasant
feature doesn't create a veto.

If you have a more pleasant acronym to suggest -- one that maintains
appropriate
semantics -- by all means do so.  Those of us who developed the SDID/UAID
acronyms also were not happy with the aesthetics of the choice, but this was
the
best we could come up with.

d/
--