> There remains some disagreement on whether the "informative note"
> contained in the last paragraph of the text I proposed on March 27
> should appear in the ADSP draft.  The note said:
>
> > Informative Note:  ADSP is incompatible with DKIM signing by parent
> > domains described in section 3.8 of [RFC4871] in which a signer uses
> > "i=" to assert that a parent domain is signing for a subdomain.
> >
> This would replace the Note in draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-09, section 2.7.
>
> Thus far, I feel it should be included and John Levine and Dave Crocker
> feel it shouldn't.  May we have guidance from others in the Working
> Group, please?

[> ]

I think it may be the "incompatible" that's causing the disagreement. ADSP is
not incompatible with that signing configuration, it would just require that a
second signature be added.

Maybe something more like the following?

"ADSP should not be used for domains that use "i=" values to enable a parent
domain to sign for a subdomain (as described in section 3.8 of [RFC4871])
unless an additional signature where the "d=" domain matches the "i=" domain is
added."

Ellen