> Without this feature, people may soon find their inbox flooded by
> bogus messages indicating the use of new algorithm, that could have
> been mitigated extensively by having the key feature.

As opposed to what?  What would you expect a verifier or assessor to do if the
hash used to sign was not in the key's approved hash list?  Wouldn't it get
delivered anyway, but perhaps with a slightly different annotation?

I don't see any value here other than disabling verification using a
known-compromised hash algorithm.  But even that wouldn't inhibit delivery,
only change annotation.