> if you are rewriting the from and put the original sender in the sender:
> field, most MUA will display it like this:
>
> Sent by JD Falk
> on the behalf of DKIM-WG

Most? Only Outlook as far as I'm aware. Anyway, the use case here is an
announcement only mailing list, not a discussion list. In that context,
it's perfectly natural. Like this: "Sent by JD Falk on behalf of Return
Path Services", or some such.

I'm NOT saying we should change the From header where we don't already. I'm
saying that for those lists where we already change the From header, we
don't need to do anything special for ADSP.

> Seems strange to me.
>
> If you rewrite only the From: header then the MUA will display
>
> from: DKIM-WG
>
> then you hope there is a signature of some sort to know who sent the
> email originally.

Maybe, but when you get an email from a mailing list, it's the list that
you need to assess, not the original sender. For announcement lists, you'd
hope that the list is quite well locked down.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex