--On 10 May 2010 15:24:05 -0700 Steve Atkins <st...@wordtothewise.com>
wrote:

> On May 10, 2010, at 11:01 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
>
>> I’ve posted an individual submission draft that attempts to capture
>> some of the consensus and some appropriate guidance around the use of
>> DKIM in the context of mailing lists.  I don’t propose that it’s
>> final at all, but merely an anchor point for further discussion.
>>
>> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dkim-lists/
>
> Looks good.
>
> What's described there as an "authoring" mailing list manager isn't
> really what I think of as a mailing list, and there's not that much to
> say about it compared with the other sorts discussed. If it simplified
> things it could be dropped without affecting the rest of the document, I
> think.

It's just another MSA, isn't it? Granted, one can often use an MLM for
announcements only, but those would not fit into this category for purposes
of the present discussion. I agree that this type of list manager isn't
really relevant here, because it's not going to break any DKIM signatures.
However, a statement to that effect would not hurt. And, it should be made
clear that we're NOT talking about a "resending MLM" used as an
announcement list (ie, with a very restricted list of permitted senders).

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex