Michael Thomas wrote:

>> John R. Levine wrote:
>> I remain unable to reconcile "this is very important" and "throw it away"
>> applied to the same message.

> The problem here is that you shouldn't be mixing up human values of
> "importance"
> or not, with the mechanical policy that "if something is unsigned, don't
> deliver it". ADSP does the later, not the former. And if notions of
> "importance" were
> accidentally brought into the language of the ADSP RFC, they should be removed
> because it's neither needed, or enlightening in any way.

+1, well said Mike and its not the first time of course.

The deterministic properties that POLICY offered has been, for lack of
a better word, "deemphasized" with the focus on allowing unrestricted
resigners hence we are left with only a guessing game and/or need to
get receivers to use a common reputation service, with an propensity
to serve only certain high value domains to have a greater "meaning"
over the general population of domains.

Low or high value, all domains have to be treated with a fundamental
equal mechanical, deterministic process first before we can even deal
with indeterminate conditions.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com