At 17:31 13-10-10, Hector Santos wrote:
>I know section 3.6.2.1 has this informative note:

[snip]

>This is just to jump start suggested text. Others can add/change
>whether they think helps:
>
>      The DKIM public key TXT record MUST not be mixed or merged
>      with other TXT records, i.e.  SPF. In addition, make sure other
>      TXT records with Wildcards do not conflict with DKIM public
>      key lookups.

That text adds a requirement in an informative note.

>My proposal to add more informative notes to help minimize this for
>the systems with the lack of DNS admin expertise on board. In
>particular for those with currently one existing need for a TXT record
>and that is SPF and incorrectly believe since its a TXT record, adding
>the DKIM public key data to it will work.

There is an assumption that people managing DNS zones will have a
basic understanding of DNS.  I don't think that the DKIM
specification should get into badly designed GUIs.

RFC 4871 discusses about DNS in various sections.  Unfortunately,
there is no reference to the DNS specifications.

Regards,
-sm