Section 3.2 says:

   Much of this document focuses on the resending class of MLM as it has
   the most direct conflict operationally with DKIM.

Do we need to be more forceful than that?

> *re-signing*
> After recent discussions, it seems inadvisable that "A DKIM-aware
> resending MLM is encouraged to sign the entire message".  In
> particular, section 5.7 may suggest that fields that had not been
> signed by the author domain neither be signed by the MLM, unless the
> MLM itself introduced or modified them.

That's not a bad idea.  Any support or objections from others?

> Generic advice, such as the possibility of dropping unsigned fields,
> will probably be added to 4871bis.  It may or may not be worth
> repeating it here.

I hadn't seen any discussion about that for 4871bis.  Can you point me to such
a posting?