On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:19:18 +0100, Murray S. Kucherawy
<m...@cloudmark.com> wrote:

> [...]

The scam I have described involves the use, by the phisher, of a
DKIM-signed (by himself) email with two From: headers, which is intended
to fool verifiers into not spotting that the first signature should have
triggered an ADSP lookup which would have revealed that the first From:
was 'discardable'.

Naturally, the phisher signs with a throaway domain that has not yet
acquired any reputation, good or bad.

Since the scam involves the use of DKIM, and since the only fix I am aware
of requires a change to the DKIM standard, then it is highly relevant to
the current discussion.

Tel: +44 161 436 6131
   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: ...@clerew.man.ac.uk      snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.