On 03/Nov/10 14:54, John R. Levine wrote:
> At this point, it would be helpful if you could propose specific language
> for 4871bis.  And if it's not presuming 5322 compliance, it would also be
> helpful if you could say in detail what a DKIM signer and verifier should
> do if presented with, say, a Windows executable file.  Not a MIME encoded
> message body containing one, just an EXE file.  If you don't require 5322
> compliance or something close to it, that's as legitimate a signing
> candidate as anything.

Uh, ok, you're right.  I guess I should have stopped arguing since
this thread became a dialogue among deaf people --I would have done so
if I had seen any other sign of progress on this subject.

BTW, I haven't yet tried to submit that EXE file to the DKIM software
I use.  I will.  I hope we all agree that the spec's better not
contain phrases such as "an implementation SHOULD crash..." :-/