With the back-reference, I guess I feel better about it.  Without it, in my
head it's akin to repeating normative assertions in different places, begging
for divergence.

> > The issue is that adding things to DKIM now will prevent its progress toward
> > Draft Standard, which is something we're trying to avoid.  Removing things,
> > on
> > the other hand, doesn't introduce any backward compatibility issues, and so
> > that's allowed.
>
> I don't think so.  This section is not normative -- we've already
> *removed* the SHOULD in it, and that's the removal.  After that,
> anything we add is an idle suggestion, and doesn't affect conformance.
>  I think we can put anything we want in here, informatively.  We can
> even be general -- that is, we can say "Authentication-Results [tm]",
> or we can say, "any header field that conveys authentication results,"
> or some such.

If consensus concurs with that view, then I would indeed like to add something
like "any header field that conveys important meta-information about the
message, such as authentication information from a relay (e.g., [RFC5451])".