>> I don't think we actually understand all the ways that l= allows you to
>> shoot yourself in the foot, so I would prefer not to give the impression
>> that if people avoid a few cases we describe, they're safe.
>
> -1, I agree we don't know all the ways DKIM can be fooled.  Neither we
> actually saw real attacks in the wild.  We don't even state how to
> react to multiple Froms.  Presumably, the wider the DKIM deployment,
> the more we'll learn on handling attacks.  However, hiding the few
> things we know doesn't seem to be a good start toward such watchful
> cooperative deployment.

The message should be don't use l= if you care about your signature.

I don't think we yet have consensus to take out l= but it is quite clear
that the problems it causes are far greater than whatever problems it
might solve.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@iecc.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",