On 5/4/2011 3:11 PM, Hector Santos wrote:
> Dave, don't you want receivers to follow RFC5585 design?  If so, then

RFC 5585 is not a 'design'.  It has a diagram that describes an overall service.

Also, the scope of its description is much larger than what is covered by the
DKIM Signing specification.

> what can't we get the Outputs described for that design to work?  From
> what I can see, there are four variables:
>
>      status  REQUIRED
>      SDID    REQUIRED, MANDATORY for Trust Identity Assessor (see 2.7)
>      AUID    OPTIONAL, see 3.11
>      ODID    OPTIONAL for Checking Signing Process (see RFC5585)
>
> We have the REQUIRED/MANDATORY identity you want.  But you have the
> others too.
>
> What is technically wrong with this?

It goes beyond the Update the working group and the IETF approved.

It also seems to confuse protocol issues with implementation issues.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking