I'm doing the same. This is situation is absurd, and an embarrassment to the IETF.
Those
I've mentioned it to (some of whom are *very* active in WGs) just shook their heads in
amazement.

If someone does set up a filtered version of this list, please let me know. And thanks
in advance.

"H. Szumovski (via secureshell)" wrote:

> Hi All,
> if there is still somebody reading email to this list, I would be interested
> if they see any value in being a part of this list. 95% of email to this list
> are virus infected, and therefore deleted automatically by my mailserver, and I'm
> tired of filtering all the virus messages to the trash. Normally the listserver
> should just delete such messages without any information to the list itself. Because
> the listserver doesn't do that (which I think should be a standard behaviour of
> every listserver) I just unsubscribed from this rubbish.
> /Herbert
>
> PS: My opinion about the default behaviour of every well administered listserver is:
> .) Delete silently and don't forward ANY message with a virus attachment.
> .) Delete silently and don't forward ANY message with the uppercased string
>    "[spam" in the subject.
>
> At 11:47 30/07/2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >Incident Information:-
> >
> >Originator:    "Manh Chau Nguyen"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Recipients:    [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject:  dem-rep-sal
> >
> >WARNING:  The file dem-rep-sal.doc.com you received was infected with the
> >W32/SirCam@MM virus.  The file attachment is not delivered.

mark durham
writer and editor