[Med] I provided "Forward" as an example to illustrate there is a need to have
a big picture view rather than focusing on specific use case. This draft does
not suggest to adopt XFF or Forward at all. There is a need to understand the
problem space and identify deployment scenarios where encountering
complications.

>XFF is widely deployed already but somewhat flakey in terms of
>interop so the authors of the above draft aimed to produce a spec
>that just addressed interop. (*) That was adopted by an area WG
>without (IMO) ever really considering the privacy implications,
>and definitely without any effort having been made to develop a
>more privacy-friendly mechanism (which could have been done, again
>IMO) to solve what were the claimed use-cases.

[Med] Wouldn't be this effort an opportunity to promote those solutions you are
advocating for? The proxy use case (not limited to HTTP) is listed as a typical
scenario. If there are other better solutions that solves your privacy
concerns, why not documenting them?

 By the time it