Working on draft #2 of the charter and captured these.

  _____

From: Stephen Kent [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 4:42 PM
To: Paul Hoffman
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; ietf-trust-anchor@vpnc.org
Subject: Re: Draft Charter

At 1:21 PM -0700 8/10/07, Paul Hoffman wrote:

... the TAA.

- Supporting multiple trust anchor administrators, such as is typical for
home

  users

Why do we believe it is common for a home user to need multiple TA
administrators?

I would be happy if we swapped "individual" for "home". If needed, we can
add text such as "For example, they may want their employers and their banks
to act as trust anchor administrators."

Ah, I see your point. If I can appropriately constrain the impact of what a
TAA can do, I can safely let others be TAAs for my machine. That seems right
for my home machine, but for a company-owned machine the roles probably are
reversed, i.e., the employer is in charge and will allow the employee
limited control over TAs.

- Supporting devices with limited or no user interface that may or may not
have connectivity to the Internet

a simple typo fix, but if a deliverable is a TA management protocol, then
why do we worry about devices that have no Internet connectivity?

Protocols do not require Internet connectivity. End-to-end email is a good
example of that.

Good point.  We may want to define protocols that can use staged delivery,
even if there is no network involved.  If that's the intent, the bullet
could be a bit clearer, e.g., if we want to define protocols that work even
if we deliver messages via a USB token from a source to a destination.
However, I note that a protocol of that sort is likely to be more complex
than one that assumes use of lower layer network protocols, even staged
delivery ones.

Steve