In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Francis D
upont typed:

 >>Vernon, I fully agree with you: there is no reason to get multipart
 >>messages in technical discussion mailing lists. Even if your solution
 >>seems drastic this is the way we should go.

i'd prefer to see us develop a more 21st century solution

first, we should register mime types that we DO allow on a list

second, if someone must send an executable attachment , then we have a
signing server that signs the attachment as trustworthy - most of the
stupid atachments come from places who wouldnt be part of my trust
chain.....

 cheers

   jon