Perry & Geoff,

Quite simply, a bunch of us *are* searching for a paradigm shift.  Geoff's
good work in this area reveals the complexity of the whys and wherefores of
the routing system.  Given that 8+8 was a serious consideration (and to
some deserves some amount of revisiting -- at least as a starting point), I
don't believe we can say that the deployment of v6 is completely divorced
from the routing system.  8+8 is merely an existence proof of how the
routing system and v6 can be intertwined, for better or worse.

Eliot