On some day, someone wrote:
> Well, I haven't been around all that many years, but I don't recall
> a single case in a few WG's I'm participating that an unpresented
> work would have been adopted.. sure, it's not written down anywhere, but
> sometimes custom is stronger than law...

The OTP WG did nearly all of its work via email, frequently
not holding in-person sessions at IETF meetings because the
mailing list was sufficient.  I'm sure there are also other
examples, but that one is handy (I'm the past OTP WG co-chair).

There are too many presentations these days.  It isn't required
by IETF rules to present an I-D for it to be seriously considered
by a WG.

Ran
[EMAIL PROTECTED]