It almost sounds like we want to reward the WGs which complete their work
while producing the _least_ amount of documentation. If we assume that a
document is "good" and "complete" then the most concise representation
should be the easiest to work with.

Ok... So I'm being a little idealistic, but this is different that just
saying "Me too" to the "We ain't makin' widgets" responses. Optimally we
should judge the work of a WG based on how well its output is accepted by
the world at large, but that's a little late in the process.