>John Stracke wrote:
>> And the authors do caution that their numbers are blind to the quality
of
>> the RFCs.  Their point, though, is that looking at the easy metrics is
>> better than not measuring anything at all;
>
>Wrong information is worse than no information. If the results don't
>mean anything,

They don't mean *much*, but I wouldn't say they mean *nothing*.

>why measure?

As a research effort.  The current draft admits that the results are not
directly useful.  But we'll never get techniques that do give useful
results unless somebody starts trying.

|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer        |
|[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |Incentive Systems, Inc.   |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.   |
|"This horse has made a career out of being dead." -- Harald|
|Alvestrand                                                 |