On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 11:46:12AM -0800, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
> We usually expect higher costs outside North America - London was even more
> expensive than Yokohama.

Speaking from a purely extremely selfish point of view, as a North
American, how much would it help if we were to cut back to one meeting
outside North America every 5-6 IETF's, instead of once a year, which
seems to be the current rate?

I was not able to get travel funding to go to Yokohama, and I will
almost certainly not be able to attend the summer IETF in Austria.

At one point, I was told that Europeans were paying roughly the same
for intra-European travel as they were to travel to North America, but
North Americans were paying more to travel to Europe.  Is this still
disparity (seemingly caused by inefficiencies and the lack of
competition in the European travel market, coupled with the high
expenses and low profit margins of the various national carriers)
still true?

Times are incredibly tough right now, from all over....

                                                - Ted