Hi, Jeroen,

Are you talking about
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc2732.txt (PS)?

My quick read of this RFC is that it says "don't use IPv6
literals without enclosing them in brackets", as in

      host          = hostname | IPv4address | IPv6reference
      ipv6reference = "[" IPv6address "]"

But that's not quite the same thing you said: "never use IPv6
IP's in URL's".

If you're talking about another reference, could you provide it?
A quick RFC search for "IPv6 URL" turned up only this RFC...

Thanks,

Spencer