> From: "Jasen Strutt"

> Would you give it a rest already? Take your issue(s) up with the appropriate
> person(s) in a separate, mutually exclusive thread, and stop blasting the
> IETF list.

I would rather not offend you, but please consider that good advice.
Please do not respond to those whose only interest is provoking a
response, any response from anyone and so being reassured they exist
and that people care about them, even if those concerns are negative.
Many of us know of their messages only when people respond to them,
and would rather not have that particular clipping service.

The differences among trolling, trollbaiting, countering trolls, and
everything else related to trolling are almost entirely in the minds
of the players.  To the rest of the world it is all useless, costly noise.

As for the Internet experts who still don't recognize phishing or
Microsoft worm noise when it hits their mailboxes, the Secretariat
should interpret complaints sent to the thousands of readers of this
list as requests to be unsubscribed with prejudice from all IETF mailing
lists, particularly when their complaints are double-encrypted in
base64 and HTML.  Such people are better served reading IETF mailing
lists through archives such as http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/

I promise to try to apply that policy to the minor, non-IETF lists
that I run.

I don't intend any criticism of those who choose on their own to use
archives instead of subscribing.  That's how I follow some mailing
lists that for various reasons I choose to not give my address.

Vernon Schryver    [EMAIL PROTECTED]