Dave asked a series of pointed questions about the discuss criteria document.

First and foremost, I want to point out that this draft, in whatever form it is, represents a good thing. The IESG is making an effort to tell the community what it is doing, and to listen to the comments it gets.

As a practical matter, the IESG needs the freedom to change these policies if they turn out to have problems. It would be really bad if the policy had a problem, but they could not work around it for the months it took to get a new RFC out.

Now, I want to point out a basic a disagreement I have with the perspective Dave suggests, below the extract from his comments.