On Jul 31, 2007, at 6:30 PM, John C Klensin wrote:

And, while I'm picking on DHCP because I personally had more problems with it, I see IPv6 authconfig as being exactly the same issue: we are telling the world that these things work and they should be using them; if we can't make them work for our own meetings...

Whether one regards IPv6 as "ready for prime-time" depends upon location. IPv6 appears to represent a metric measurement in the only industrially developed nation, despite a 1975 act of Congress, still is using fahrenheit, ounce, pound, inch, feet, and mile. There will always be problems offering an excuse not to adopt change, even when the rest of world has. Oddly, a 2x4 is neither, but might be required to promote change.

-Doug