Harald,

I am unable to be in Vancouver for the meeting, but I hope that someone else
there will support the re-charter of the IPR WG as I suggested in my earlier
email:

I request that we charter the IETF IPR-WG to propose policies and
procedures, consistent with the worldwide mission of IETF, which will result
in IETF specifications unencumbered by restrictive, non-free patents.

I also hope that a decision on this will not be based simply on who attends
in Vancouver, but on a wider representative vote of IETF participants.

/Larry Rosen