Dave,

        As a clarification, the NomCom is a small crucible of
specially-empowered volunteers.  The fact that one has to be
a volunteer explicitly makes it the case that self-selection
is a factor in at least the initial phase.

        Hence it is very much the case that people who feel
excessively unqualified may elect not to volunteer.

        Also, it is the case that the processes within NomCom
are very open to sharing experience within the self-selected
group of people who probably felt capable of making personnel
selection decisions before volunteering.

--
Eric Gray
Principal Engineer