Randy Presuhn wrote:

> However, the vocabulary, style, content, and peculiar world-view of
> this latest missive leave me more convinced than ever that "LB"
> is indeed JFC Morphin, and that under the terms of RFC 3683
> we are well justified in suspending the posting privileges for that
> address.

I'll mention a few things in relation to this: First, I believe the record in
the archives of the LTRU list will show that at times in the past JFC attempted
to circumvent actions taken to limit his posting privileges to that list by
using alternate email addresses, signed under his same name. Secondly, at
various times since his posting privileges to that list were first limited, the
list received mail from posters presenting themselves by a different name but
whose vocabulary, style, content and world view were decidedly similar to that
of JFC. In short, "LB" is not the first instance of a poster to LTRU that I
suspected of being a sock-puppet for JFC. Nor is it just of late that "LB" was
suspected of being a sock-puppet for JFC.

Also, a quick search for "lbleriot" did not point to anybody engaging in public
discussions except on the LTRU or IETF lists. I find that somewhat curious
given LB's comment to be a member of a "multilinguistic working list": I
suppose there could be a group of multiple individuals working on protocol
specifications intended for the Internet or other such public systems but all
of whose discussions are conducted on a private list, but it would be readily
accounted for if, in fact, LB were no more than a sock-puppet.

Granted, LB's posts to LTRU have been neither as frequent or a long as were
JFC's before his privileges were suspended. And granted that there is one other
online presence for a "lbleriot" who, for over some period of time ending early
last year, sold a number of items on eBay and apparently had very positive
feedback. Neither of these points lead me to consider Randy's actions to be
unreasonable, however.

Peter