Le 01/07/2010 17:26, Fred Baker a écrit :
> While it is new in IETF meetings, it is far from unusual in WiFi networks to
> find some form of authentication. This happens at coffee shops, college
> campuses, corporate campuses, and people's apartments. I think I would need
> some more data before I concluded this was unreasonable.

This is about to become law in several European countries (or maybe it
already *is* law in some), and the signing-up process protects the WIFI
provider from liability by having the user agree to an acceptable use
policy (AUP), a process consisting of ticking a box.

Kind regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD