That's the same software. If b-rail.be is competent about
    updating its route database with other companies' trains, then
    the results will be exactly as good as for bahn.de.

In that case, give ns.nl (dutch railways) a try. They seem to list
during the day a direct train between Maastricht/Brussels nearly
every hour during the day.

    Sadly, bahn.de seems to have restricted its scope to Europe. Last week I
    searched for a connection from Oslo to Pyongyang, and bahn.de couldn't
    show me any. I think there are trains from Vladivostok and/or Beijing,
    but they're not in the database.

I'm not really planning to take a train to IETF-79 but it is an
interesting idea. The Dutch internatial railway site
<http://www.nshispeed.nl/nl/internationale-trein> planner does show
you the Oslo <-> Peking trip which seems to take 196 hrs 2 min
(including transfers).

        jaap