At 5:47 PM -0400 8/30/10, Hadriel Kaplan wrote:

The obvious answer is to pick a location that is equi-distant or equally expensive for most people, and does not meet too often in one contintent. There is such a place: Hawaii. It is fairly mid-point between APAC and the Americas, and just slightly farther from Europe (well, a lot farther if you can't fly direct, but that's just due to airline routes, not distance-between-two-points). Furthermore, it's not in any continent, and thus equal for all in that regard. And it's a great tourist destination, and has plenty of meeting facilities, restaurants, Internet bandwidth, and no trains. So this seems to address everyone's concerns.

 Therefore, I propose we meet in Hawaii (and Kauai in particular) from now on.

Why Kauai? You list detailed reasons why Hawaii is logical and solves for many of the problems, but you don't say why this island.

   We can even rotate islands if people get bored.

Well, there are extensive conference facilities on Oahu, the Big Island, Maui, and Kauai. I have no information as to if they would work for a group of our size and with our need for breakout rooms.

--
Randall Gellens