Thanks Willy, you made my point better than I did.

It is my opinion that name resolution (however done) is outside the purview
of WS.   It may be handled in any number of ways by the client, and must
happen *before* WS establishes it's TCP connection and begins handshaking.

DNS, DNS SRV, etc. are good and useful tools, but are not part of WS.

A document showing how to use DNS SRV with WS would be useful, but it's not
part of the core WS spec.