Dave Cridland wrote:

>> Where is a proof?
>
> Sorry, I've a habit of using the word "proof" in the English

> 1) There are no SRV records.
> 2) Therefore browsers do not support them.
> 3) Therefore you'd need to allow for A-lookup as fallback for the
> forseeable future.
> 4) Therefore there's no incentive for browsers to support SRV.

That's a perfect proof against IPv6 deployment. Infrastructure
won't be updated.

However, for application layers issues like SRV ones, thanks to
the end to end argument, only servers and clients need
upgrading without infrastructure changes, which is why major
application of the Internet changed from ftp to http.

                                                        Masataka Ohta