Hi John,
At 18:34 03-06-2012, John C Klensin wrote:
I don't think that is a fair comparison.  First of all, the Last
Call spawned the whole thread about colloquial language.  I
don't have any way to know how many of those who participated in
that thread read all the way through the document and even less
way to guess how many people were enough turned off by it to
lose interest in the Last Call, maybe after having read the
document.  Second and more important, my suggestion that we go

Fair enough.  My guess was that the Last Call was not really a Last Call. :-)

in the direction of a web page or wiki spawned a separate thread
that is more about the philosophy of how to handle the document
rather than about the detailed content of the document itself.
Again, I have no idea how many people other than myself looked
through the document, decided that "publish as RFC?" was the
wrong question, and as the result of that decision, concluded
that my time was better spent on medium and editorial process
than on reporting specific document comments.  So you don't know
to what extent I, or anyone else in the "making it a web page"
threads read the document through either.

Yes.