SM,

I was following this working group which will likely be shut down because
> there is not enough participation.  There are quite a few working group
> which fit that profile.  I prefer not to view things as "actually not in a
> bad place" as it encourages complacency.

Back in the 90s, I chaired a WG that regularly had less than 10 attendees,
but all of them were interested and contributed, and we got a good set of
RFCs as a result. You don't need a large number of participants, just
committed ones.

I do agree though, that was a good response from Riccardo.

Cheers,
Andy